Raids Net 7
Dual investigations conducted by the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office, Baxter Springs Police Department, Southeast Kansas Drug Enforcement Task Force and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation resulted in the simultaneous execution of two search warrants on Friday, landing seven suspects in custody at the Cherokee County Jail.
At approximately 12:30 p.m., the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation High Risk Warrant Team executed a search warrant at 10765 Southeast 82nd Street in rural Baxter Springs.
During the course of the search at that location, various items associated with illegal drug activity was located and seized including suspected methamphetamine, paraphernalia and ephedrine, which is a key ingredient in the manufacturing process.
Arrested at that location on suspicion of the following crimes were:
- Randy W. Seeber, 52, of the home – Possession of Methamphetamine and Felony Drug Paraphernalia
- Curtis W. Seeber, 25, of the home – Conspiracy to Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Misdemeanor Drug Paraphernalia
- Kyle R. Nuckles, 23, of the home – Conspiracy to Manufacture Methamphetamine
- Nicholas D. Edwards, 32, of Baxter Springs – Possession of Ephedrine with Intent to Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Misdemeanor Drug Paraphernalia
- Shawn E. Moore, 50, of Neosho, Missouri – Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Misdemeanor Drug Paraphernalia
Also, at approximately 12:30 p.m., officers with the Baxter Springs Police Department executed a search warrant at 2111 Park Street in Baxter Springs, Kansas. During the course of the search, investigators discovered a suspected methamphetamine lab, including chemicals in various stages of the manufacturing process. Arrested at that location was:
- Chris R. Wene, 42, of the home
- Dale W. Karnes, 39, of Baxter Springs
All arrests made during these searches were the result of several agencies coordinating and sharing information over a period of time, which allowed the apprehension of multiple participants in a suspected illegal drug organization.
Bond on the subjects arrested has not yet been set, nor have formal charges been filed at this time.