Skip to Main Content

House Fire Ruled Accidental


Investigators have determined that a fire which left a Scammon home completely destroyed on Tuesday afternoon was accidentally caused when a juvenile discharged fireworks inside the single wide mobile home.

The fire at 700 East Naught Street, was reported at 3:16 p.m. leading firefighters from Scammon, Weir, Cherokee Township and Columbus Fire Departments to respond, where they found the home to be completely engulfed in flames.

The resident and her two sons escaped without injury. 

Submit an Anonymous Crime Tip